Plastics which are basically carbon heated, melted and mold in different structures, have a lot of usages. This plastic is so bad for our environment because it doesn’t biodegrade. Even as they can be recycled, only a few percentages of them are used later.
The durability and flexible nature of plastic make it even more useful. Though as you might have noticed there is no exact alternatives to plastics. But still, there are few things varying according to the situation that can help survive us with limited plastic. The theme also of this year’s environment day is ‘beating plastic pollution’. Let’s have a look at some of the innovations and day to day Plastic alternatives.
Alternatives to Plastic
- Paper: is the most common plastic alternative when it comes to using plastics for making bags. Jute or paper bags can be used again and again.
- Glass: jar is the best thing other than plastic to store things. You must have seen at your home a few containers made of glass. They might have the risk of breaking down but at least they are safe. Glass is made up of sand.
- Steel bottles and lunch boxes can be of great help in keeping plastic out of your personal eating or drinking needs. Also, there are containers made up of steel.
- Bamboo: Toothbrush, calculator, and keyboard all of them nowadays are also made of bamboo. Buy such products and you will also be helping the villagers community.
How to Beat Plastic Pollution
- Plastic additives are the future of plastics. They are usually conventional biodegradable thermoplastics made of metal compound additives also called prodegradants concentrates (PDCs).
- Scientists are working on an innovation that would use milk protein to produce biodegradable plastics that can be used for packaging and other one time use purposes.
- Liquid wood though feels like normal plastics they are easily biodegradable. This form is in use in a few parts of the world.
- Apart from this, there are also other innovations like making the water-resistant thermoplastics by using chicken feathers. PCL/PLA/PHA polyesters are also relevant changes in this area.
So finally, we can say that though there is no exact alternative of plastics. There are still many changes that can be undertaken and technology is the driving factor in this sector. Now the onus is only on us to make the earth a better planet for generations to come.
- Entertainment2 years ago
Bigg Boss 13 Contestants List 2019
- Entertainment2 months ago
Kumkum Bhagya Star Cast Names and Images 2021
- Education2 years ago
Marks Vs Knowledge: Which is More Important in Education System
- Technology2 years ago
How Television (TV) Work Simple Explanation
- Entertainment5 months ago
Bigg Boss 14 Voting Details
- Sports2 years ago
Bowling Action Rules And Regulations in Cricket
- Education1 year ago
Job Interview Tips: Complete Guide To Get Hired
- Health2 years ago
6 Benefits of Waking up Early